Nicholas Knapton, P.S. is always seeking qualified individuals with a great attitude and ridiculously high work ethic to join our team of both Certified Public Accountants and Attorneys. We are not like other firms. Projects are assigned and the possibility of advancement is based on attitude, ability, hard work and the needs of the firm, rather than on length of time in a position. Our positions begin as entry level with limitless opportunity to grow into a life-giving and supporting career in Spokane or Seattle, with the potential to travel, if desired.
The ideal candidate has the following qualities:
- A servant’s heart.
- Loves helping people, regardless of how insignificant the task.
- Has a passion for accounting.
- Great listener.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Is organized, and likes to take notes and write things down.
- Likes to solve problems.
- Loves to work in a professional environment.
- Thrives on taking direction from more than a dozen people.
- Energized by multitasking and working under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys working with many different personality types.
- Can easily stay calm under stress.
- Ability to work both independently and with others.
- Excited to be part of a growing company.
- Anticipates the needs of others and thinks three steps ahead.
- Not afraid to communicate with clients and coworkers.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Asks questions.
Our positions are structured for recently graduated professional staff to learn the basic systems and procedures of our firm, while actively pursuing their C.P.A. license. During the first year, staff accountants will be involved in the preparation of individual, corporate, partnership and other types of tax returns, in addition to an abundance of other types of accounting related projects. It is expected that the staff accountant will be given training and the opportunity to work on additional engagements in the progression of assignments. A mentor within our team will be available to each new staff accountant to assist in becoming familiar with our systems, operations, and relationships.
We work really hard, and we love what we do! We share a passion for serving our clients with the highest quality work and outstanding, friendly service. There is an abundance of work to go around at our firm, which helps foster a strong team environment without internal competition, so that we can focus on providing the best work product for our wonderful clients.
Our recruiting predominately takes place each autumn at the following universities:
- University of Washington
- Gonzaga University
- Eastern Washington University
- Seattle University
- Washington State University
Nicholas Ross Knapton, P.C., a law firm, is a closely related entity for which employees also often provide services; thus, J.D.’s are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Open opportunities will be available through your school’s Career Services online portal, and will include additional information regarding full-time and possible internship opportunities, along with qualifications, responsibilities, benefits and compensation. Our C.P.A.’s and other professional staff would also love to meet and visit with you in person at the annual Beta Alpha Psi networking event hosted by your respective school’s BAP fraternity each fall. Please feel free to stop by our display to introduce yourself and learn more about our firm and team.